Saturday, October 4, 2008

Jason vs. Garage Door


Okay this is our exciting weekend adventure; it all started on Thursday when Bridget couldn't get the garage door down so I decided to see what the heck was going on. Low and behold one of the runners had worn out to the point that it had slipped into one of the holes on the track. So I decided I'd pound it with a hammer for bit but it still didn't come loose. So I decided that I would loosen the bracket the wheel was attached to and see if it would come free that way. I thought that I had it loose enough so that we could at least lift the door and pull the cars in for the night, so I had my aunt Heather hit the switch and sure enough the door started to go up but the roller was still jammed in the track which created a whole lot of tension on the cable and after enough tension was built up the roller finally gave way and my face happened to be in the way as it came loose. As luck would have it the roller missed my eye but broke my nose and gave me some good lacerations on my nose and eye lid. Bridget was such a trooper in keeping me calm at the hospital I would have probably been freaking out a lot more than I did if she wasn't their to help. Thanks Honey! Lesson Learned: Always ask for help when it comes to garage doors and if you ever need to go to the ER call Bridget, she'll get you there in a jiffy.

4 comments:

Alisha Marlatt said...

Oh Jason, I'm so sorry! I've had really bad luck with garage doors as well, yours looks worse though. I can see Bridget being calm and collected in times of crisis. Love you Bridge!

Melissa said...

Ok I AM SORRY but I just really want to make fun of you! Could you please come to work! Glad you are alive! So is it buses and grage doors now?

Jeremy, Laura-Ann and Madilynn Nutt said...

Wow. That looks like it hurts really bad. Glad that you are ok. But are you really going to tell people in the future that you lost to a garage door????

Nisa and Colby said...

Alright to all the girls that think this is funny, I would like to say that Jason has proven to be much tougher and manlier than me because I would have probably curled in a ball and screamed like a 5 year old girl. Plus I would like to see the damage inflicted on the garage door. I am sure the door didn't even see your face coming, talk about a cheap shot. It was nice to see you back to work although debatable if you saw any of us! Nisa likes the idea of a built in halloween costume.